The Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations states that operators of plant equipment must undergo activity based instruction and training. An Employer has a “duty of care” to provide their staff with a safe workplace.
A Gold Card provides ‘evidence of training’. The course structure is specific to your particular model of equipment and also delivers a broad overview of Telehandlers in general. This course covers all Telehandlers fitted with fork attachments regardless of lifting capacity.
- Site Inspections and Hazard Identification/Controls
- How to work safely around power lines and understand wind conditions
- Use of operations logbook
- Use of stabilisers and attachments
- Identify and understand safety decals, operators’ manuals and compliance plates
- Conduct pre operational checks
- Practical safe operation
- Load charts and load management
- Interactive training DVD
- Theory and practical assessment
On conclusion of training, participants meeting the assessment criteria will be issued an Elevating Work Platform Association ‘Trained Operator’ Gold Card for the type of Telehandler and attachments you have been trained in the use of.
Participants must be over 18 years of age, be able to speak and understand English; understand technical concepts; and provide suitable identification. A forklift licence [LF] is desirable, but not essential.
- 4 hours
Please note that Telescopic Handlers with greater than three tonne lifting capacity and fitted with a crane jib, require a WorkCover licence to operate them. These types of Telehandlers must comply with Australian Standards and are currently classified as cranes (mobile slewing or non slewing) and require a High Risk Work Licence C2 or CN class which is not provided in this course. Please ask us for more information