For the food industry a version with stainless steel disc and an FDA-approved integral seal is available.
While V1FS has a top flange and a beaded bottom section suitable for the attachment of a flexible sleeve, the V2FS comes with an identical top and bottom flange.
Function of VFS Butterfly Valves
For closing bins, hoppers and silos containing powders or granular materials, VFS Butterfly Valves are among the most widely used equipment worldwide.
What used to be custom-built items for specific applications, have been turned by WAM® into a mass-produced industrial product with features that allow extremely versatile use.
VFS Butterfly Valves are used in all types of powder and granular material processing plants where interception of gravity-fed or pneumatically conveyed dry materials is required. They are fitted beneath hoppers, bins, silos, screw or other type conveyors, or to intercept pneumatic conveying ducts. Due to their special design and to the engineering materials used, they represent a particularly cost-effective yet most efficient solution.
Performance & Technical Features - Benefits of VFS Butterfly Valves
- V1FS with top flange and beaded bottom section suitable for fixing of flexible sleeve
- V2FS with identical top and bottom flange
- Pressure-proof up to 0.2 bar (2.9 PSI)
- High-pressure die-cast semi-bodies manufactured from aluminium alloy
- Disc in cast iron, SINT® engineering polymer, stainless steel
- Seals for standard or food-grade application
- Small number of components
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Interchangeable discs
- Highly abrasion-resistant
- Easy to fit
- Quick maintenance
- Ex-stock delivery
Options & Accessories of VFS Butterfly Valves
- ATEX zone 22 certification
- Stainless steel disc and integral seal food grade version for food industry