Features of the BFS Stainless Steel Butterfly Valve:
- The BFS series are available in sizes from 50mm to 300mm with a 316SS body fitted with a PTFE liner and PTFE coated 316SS disc as standard.
- The valves are available with lever, gearbox, pneumatic (double acting and spring return) and electric (double acting and spring return) control.
- BFS series butterfly valves are typically used in the chemical industry, mining and metal extraction, steel works, the treatment of highly corrosive wastewater, and the treatment and distribution of ultra-pure water in the pharmaceutical and medical industries.
- The design of the series BFS butterfly valve and especially the PTFE liner is optimised to reduce actuation torques while providing increased sealing between the disc and the PTFE liner.
- The PTFE liner has an EPDM backing to give it resilience and the assembly is replaceable as a cartridge for ease of maintenance. The PTFE coated 316SS disc completes the barrier so that only wetted parts are PTFE coated.