Ai Group works towards building a stronger Qld economy
The Australian Industry Group (Ai Group) and QMI Solutions has announced their foundation partnership for the Queensland Government’s Toward Q2 - Tomorrow’s Queensland vision will concentrate on enhancing the State’s long term vision for economic development as well as providing practical support to Queensland businesses to improve the level of innovation.
- Establishing forums with key industry CEOs to highlight the barriers to the long-term economic strength and innovation capability of the Queensland economy.
- Innovation Benchmarking, where up to 20 companies will be selected to undergo an innovation audit that will assess each company's innovation culture against world class benchmarks.
- Apprentice and Trainee Retention Strategies – working closely with companies on strategies to retain apprentices and trainees.
- Delivering workshops across Queensland on innovation, skilling retention, and growth opportunities.
- Through delivering these activities, Ai Group and QMI Solutions will draw on their extensive industry expertise and company networks to support the strengthening of the State's economy and a fostering of innovative business cultures.
QMI Solutions CEO Jim Walker said: "Our efforts in supporting the achievement of a diverse economy powered by bright ideas should not just be seen in the context of the current global economic and financial crisis, but for the longer term vision of the State.
Ai Group Queensland Director Chris Rodwell added: "The current momentum in developing responses to the global economic and financial crisis needs to be maintained, and the activities we are jointly delivering with QMI Solutions under the Q2 vision will go a long way towards achieving that. There are so many opportunities available to Queensland and we are committed to exposing and realising as many as possible."
Have your say...
The approval of your comment is at the discretion of this article's publisher. Write your comment with the following in mind to ensure the highest likelihood of it being approved:
- No promotional undertones
- No use of profanity
- Good spelling, grammar and layout
- Check punctuation, language and missing words
- No use of aggression
- No unsubstantiated claims
We reserve the right to remove comments at our discretion.
Your name is used alongside Comments.