There is more than just one type of Slip Resistant Tape available in the marketplace.
It is very important to make sure that you select the right type of Non Slip Tape for the application you have.
Non Slip Tape is known by a few different names, including:
- Anti Slip Tape
- Sandpaper Tape
- Non Slip Tape
- Grip Tape
- Anti Skid Tape
- Tread Tape
- 3M Safety Walk Tape
- Slip Resistant Tape
Embossing & Tape Supplies have a full range of Slip Resistant Tapes from the following manufacturers:
- Husky Grip Tape
- Stylus Non-Slip Tape
- 3M - Safety Walk Tape
- Vigil Slip Resistant Tape
- Tesa Tread Tape
The following factors need to be considered when selecting a Tread Tape:
- Is your Non Slip Tape project Indoors or Outdoors? Do you need a UV resistant Anti Slip Tape?
- Is your Tread / Grip Tape project being applied to a smooth or rough / textured surface? Chequer Plate?
- Will your Anti Slip Tape project be exposed to water, moisture, or be submerged?
- What type of lighting is available in the area that your Non-Slip / Tread Tape is being applied?
- Is the area where Anti Slip Grip tape being applied, going to exposed to Chemicals, Oily Surfaces, Heavy Foot Traffic, High Dirt areas?
- What Non Slip Grip Tape colours & sizes do you need? Is a custom size or die cut size of Anti Slip Grip Tape required?
- What is the surface you are applying Slip Resistant Tape to? If Slip Resistant Tape is being applied to a wooden surface, concrete surface, brick surface, any surface with loose particles, a sealant needs to be applied first to ensure that the non slip tape doesn't just adhere to the particles on the surface of the substrate your Anti Slip Tape is being applied to.
General Purpose Non Slip Tape
This tape is designed essentially for slippery areas to prevent falls, slip, and accidents. Our Range of Anti-Slip Tape (Tread Tape) comes in black, yellow, white & Black / Yellow Striped. Each roll of tape has 18.2 metres per roll, can be Ordered Online here for Australia wide delivery. Not recomended for permanent outdoor use.
Features of our Non Slip Tread Tape include:
- Improves safety and performance in work areas.
- Easy application, self adhesive - peel off liner and apply to surface.
- Available in sheets, rolls, can be die-cut.
- We also custom cut our general purpose anti slip tape to any width you require up to 1170mm.
General Purpose Non Slip Tape is ideal for:
- Use on stairs, tiles, ladders, trucks and work vehicles.
- Sports and recreational equipment.
Photoluminescent - "Glow In The Dark" Anti Slip Tape
Tesa 56660 - "Glow in the Dark", also known as a Photoluminescent or Phosphorescent Tread Tape / Anti Slip Tape is perfect for dark slippery areas, or slippery areas that if lighting fails, will also create a visible safe area and walkway.
- Emergency Exits
- Dance Floors
- Nightclubs (will glow if exposed to UV light)
Resilient - Wet Area Slip Resistant Tape
3M Safety Walk / Resilient Non Slip Tape is designed for slippery areas where people walk around in bare feet, such as swimming pools, change rooms, gyms, homes, etc. 3M Resilient Safety Walk Tape has a smooth, less abrasive surface that will not injure, cause grazes or cuts as opposed to using other Tread Tapes when bare skin comes into contact with it. There is 18.2mtr length per roll, colours available are Black, Clear & White. Order 3M Resilient Wet Area Anti Slip Tape Online Here For Australia Wide Delivery
Conformable Slip Resistant Tape
This product is designed to stretch and conform to irregular surfaces such as checker plate, diamond plating or flat surfaces with rivets or screw heads, ladder rungs, etc. 3M Anti Slip Conformable Safety Walk Tape is designed for uneven surfaces & perfect (most commonly used) for Chequer Plate & Concrete (surface must be sealed first).
Applications where 3M Conformable 500 series Safety Walk Non Slip Tape is currently used includes:
- Trailers (Pantecs)
- Ship Decks
Outdoor Anti-Slip Tread Tape
UV resistant Non Slip Tape (3M™ Safety-Walk 700 series). This Heavy Duty Slip Resistant Tape is a Coarse Tape with large abrasive particles bonded by a tough, durable polymer to a dimensionally stable plastic film to resist clogging when subjected to mud or oil, has a service temperature, up to 79°C.
3M Outdoor Slip Resistant Tape is suitable for use on:
- Agriculture and forestry equipment, tractors
- Road building
- Civil engineering
- Semi Trailers
- Construction vehicles, cranes, building equipment.
- Loading Docks, platforms, ramps
- Cold Storage
- Ship Decks
- Aeroplane cargo holds
3M Outdoor Safety Walk Non Slip Tape can be painted without losing friction properties. It's extra-large abrasive particles resist clogging in muddy or oily conditions. Take a closer look here at 3M Outdoor Non Slip Tape - 700 series Safety Walk.
If you have any customised non-slip tape requirements, please feel free to contact us for personalised service on all of your Slip Resistant - Anti Slip Tape requirements