A low VOC cord carpet with a low environmental impact, the Tretford Goat Hair Harpet comes available in 2m wide rolls in ribbed or corded construction.
It is presented in 48 colours in saturated plain or mixed, otherwise known as heathered (of the colours available 31 are held in Australia). Carpet is manufactured in Ireland. lead time from Ireland via container orders is 10-12 weeks.
If maintained properly product can last between 15-20 years in residential applications, and between 7-12 in commercial applications.
Product comes with a 5 year warranty overall and a 10 year warranty for specific projects. It is also provided with a lifetime no-zipper, no-ravel warranty.
Face Fibre component of the product is composed of 80% Mongolian goat hair, german nylon, dye and pemethrin. The backing is manufactured from Bangladeshian Jute and German PVC (see issues of concern)
Installation is by direct stick via a water-based, solvent-free, low VOC adhesive. Cleaning of the product is recommended every 6 months using a dry or low moisture cleaning process.
Use of this product is likely to contribute to the achievement of Green Star™ credit points (see disclaimer below). Subscribers please click here to view full enhanced product listing for this product.
- Wool, wool/nylon broadloom carpet suitable for commercial and residential applications.
Ecospecifier Issues of Concern / Red Lights
Product contains PVC
- The product is predominantly transported by sea but international movement of source materials through processing, manufacture and sales, generates a relatively high embodied transport energy component.
- The product is not recyclable at end of life but, due to its high calorific value, manufacturer states it can be used for energy recovery via incineration - a practice common in Europe but not Australia.
- The PVC is stated to be inert in combustion and in landfill.
- ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA
To Know More about Corded Goat Hair Carpet / Tretford Please click here