15 November, 2011
Toxic liquid, corrosive, inorganic, N.O.S. / L.T. Silver Brazing Flux
UN No.: 3289
EPG No.: 6J6
For All Emergencies
- Shut off engine and any electrical equipment
- No smoking or naked lights within 50 meters.
- Move people from the area; keep upwind. Check for spills or leaks.
- Consider initial evacuation distance of 100 meters in all directions.
- Send messenger to notify fire brigade and police. Tell them location, material, quantity, UN number and emergency contact as well as condition of vehicle and damage observed.
- Warn other traffic.
- Corrosive - toxic.
- Avoid eye or skin contact and fume/vapour inhalation during use.
- Welding fume has been classifed as possibly carcinogenic to humans (IARC Group 2B).
- Chronic exposure to fluoride dust/fumes may results in fluorosis (fluorine poisoning), stiff joints, brittle bones, weakness & anaemia.
- Chronic over exposure to borates may cause skin rash, bronchitis and kidney damage.