Energy management continues to grow in significance in the business strategies of organisations.
Tailor-made energy savings
The requirements and benefits sought after by an organisation varies according to the maturity of their energy management system and solutions increasingly need to be tailor-made.
Some benefits of an Energy Management Solution:
- Reducing energy consumption and costs
- Receiving incentives by implementing an Energy Management System according to ISO 50001
- Identifying potential for improvements
- Supporting decision making processes for future planning
- Strengthening competitive position by utilising resources optimally
- Protecting the environment.
The energy management solution cycle
Energy Management Solutions start with energy monitoring, collecting and analysing data, and results in optimisng energy consumption.
- Evaluation and estimation of project size and energy efficiency potential
Review of situation
- On-site analysis of existing energy distribution (water/compressed air/gas/electricity/steam) = performance of so-called site survey
- Development of a holistic energy concept
- Final report and presentation
- Detailed and modular offer based on the energy concept
- Project plan
- Concept evaluation (time, complexity, costs, benefits, payback calculation)
- Delivery and installation of components
- Installation of energy software eSight
- Incorporation of existing energy data
- Initial operation
- Project management
- Evaluation and interpretation of the collected data
- Identification of savings potential
- Implementation of the savings potential
- Increasing efficiency
Development and implementation of:
- Continuous improvements
- Constant increase in energy efficiency
With over 50 years in design and manufacture of measuring devices, Endress+Hauser is an excellent choice of partner to provide data acquisition and transmission as well as monitoring and targeting.
This is a bottom up approach rather than the top down approach often practiced in the market, and is particularly well suited to tailor making solutions according to the requirements at a specific maturity of energy mamangement.
Nowadays an energy management system consists of three main components:
- Measuring devices – providing the data
- Recording devices – collecting the data
- Software (eSight) – analysing the data
Consulting and solution services are the key!