Enterprise connect to boost business in 8 more regions
Small and medium sized businesses in more regional areas will have greater access to Australian Government business assistance with the extension of Enterprise Connect's Innovative Regions Centre operations into eight more regions.
Innovation Minister, Senator Kim Carr said the placement of facilitators attached to the Innovative Regions Centre was already operating well in Geelong and North Adelaide and would now help boost the productivity of eight more key regions.
Eight new placements will be made in:
- NSW: three placements, in the Wollongong, Central Coast and Lithgow regions;
- QLD: two placements, in North Brisbane and Central Queensland;
- WA: one placement covering the Kwinana, Mandurah and Fremantle areas;
- VIC: one placement covering the Victorian Central Goldfields; and
- TAS: one placement covering Northern Tasmania.
"In northern Adelaide, connections between the defence, electronic and ICT manufacturers and providers have been mapped to help strategically connect companies with one another and improve regional supply-chain opportunities."
The strategic work being done by the Innovative Regions Centre complements other services offered by Enterprise Connect. These include free, onsite business reviews to eligible businesses plus access to a range of business improvement grants.
"Enterprise Connect is a multi-levelled effort to assist Australian businesses to re-shape their thinking, become more collaborative and make enduring improvements to enable Australia to compete effectively in a competitive global environment," Senator Carr said.
Source: Innovation Minister
Have your say...
The approval of your comment is at the discretion of this article's publisher. Write your comment with the following in mind to ensure the highest likelihood of it being approved:
- No promotional undertones
- No use of profanity
- Good spelling, grammar and layout
- Check punctuation, language and missing words
- No use of aggression
- No unsubstantiated claims
We reserve the right to remove comments at our discretion.
Your name is used alongside Comments.