The Land129 Phase 3 Tactical Unmanned Aerial System (TUAS) project is the replacement for the Shadow 200 system currently operated by the 20th Surveillance & Target Acquisition Regiment, at Brisbane.
The TUAS will provide Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance support to a Brigade sized force element. The project seeks to acquire an air vehicle, ground control station and associated support services.
The Chief Systems Engineering Branch was engaged to provide assistance with the development of the pre-Gate 0 Capability Definition Documentation. As part of CSEB, our role was to provide high level engineering expertise to the initial phase of the Land 129 Phase 3 project. This included:
- Joint Capability Needs analysis, stakeholder engagement and requirements elicitation.
- Reduction of technical risk through effective Project Execution strategies.
- Program Interfaces and Interoperability Assessments.
We were able to add value by:
- The application of Land, Air and Joint Systems domain expertise and a strong understanding of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems to strengthen the needs definition phase of the Land 129 Phase 3 project.
- The application of a comprehensive understanding of Defence’s future C4ISR needs (e.g. under Plan Jericho) to ensure that the project was integrated and forward looking.
- The application of a holistic perspective across the whole of Defence, taking into account future needs.