Being the leader in the field of effective lightning protection, Indelec has spent over 40 years developing and testing a terminal with superior lightning capture capabilities. The result of this research is the release of the new Prevectron 3.
Features of Prevectron 3 Lightning Protection Terminal:
- The Prevectron terminal collects the increasing ambient energy of the potential difference between the ground and the cloud base of the storm. When this potential reaches a predetermined threshold, the cloud dispatches a downward leader.
- Upon detection of the propagation of this natural downward leader, the terminal releases the stored energy producing charged ions at its tip. These ions are then dispatched and produces the upward leader. Once this occurs, nature takes over and the natural attraction between the upward and downward leaders occur.
- The propergation of the upward leader is tens of microseconds ahead of naturally occurring leaders. LDU has installed hundreds of system in Australia and to date has not had a single recorded or witnessed failure of the terminal to intercept the downward leader of a lightning stroke.
- The Prevectron 3 is now the most certified terminal available today.
- Full UL Certification
- A system utilising the prevectron terminal complies with 9 international national standards and is widely used in Australia and the south Pacific region.
LDU can design, supply, install and certify a Prevectron system for your building or structure. We can even supply the system in a DIY kit form with installation instructions for the contractor who wishes to install the system themselves. However if this is the preferred installation method then LDU will certify the system to ensure the installation is of the highest quality.
Full range of Prevectrons offering protection radii from 65 meter to 107 meter Level IV. Most models are also available with a self testing system. These model are identified with a T attached to the end of the number.