The LPI ILC36V has been developed to offer transient over-voltage protection to sensitive strain gauge based load cells and signal conditioners. It is configured to provide voltage clamping across the strain gauge outputs as well as the excitation voltage from the signal conditioner. A low capacitance connection to earth helps to avoid earth loops, whilst providing a reliable current path under transient conditions.
The ILC36V transient protectors are designed for the protection of sensitive strain gauge based measuring equipment from the damaging effects of lightning surges, transients and RF interference.
The lines are protected by shunt -connected, common-mode over-voltage transient diodes. These diodes connect from each protected line to the cable screen pin. An additional diode is used to provide transverse mode protection across the load cell bridge output.
The cable screen pin is then connected to earth via a low capacitance gas filled arrestor. In this way noise via device capacitance is eliminated.
The ILC36V Load Cell Surge Protector is designed for use with load cells using four wire or six wire connections to a strain gauge bridge. It is installed in series with the line to be protected.
Lightning Down Under | Lightning & Surge Protection
We are an Australian company specialising in design, manufacture and distribution quality lightning, surge and transient protection systems throughout Australia, New Zealand, South Pacific Islands.
LDU with our considerable experience offers a number of services including:
• Direct Lightning Strike Protection
• Surge and Overvoltage Protection
• Earthing/Grounging Systems
• Consulting Services and System Design
• System Inspection, Maintenance and Repair Services
We also manufacture and supply:
• Lightning protection products
• Surge protector and protection devices for low, medium and high voltage applications
• Earthing systems and grounding product
• TVSS, signal, LAN and data protection SPDs
• Uninterrupted power supply equipment
• Having 22 years experience in providing quality solutions for lightning and overvoltage issues, LDU is well placed to address any problems which may arise with our customers and service all markets located throughout Australia.
All of our solutions meet and exceed performance standards in accordance with the relevant Australian and or international standards. We are dedicated to supplying cost-effective solutions to problems caused by lightning and over-voltages. Such problems usually contribute to or directly cause the failure of sensitive electrical and electronic equipment.
At LDU we have specialist expertise in protection in industries including: Airport navigation and communications, mining, broadcasting, petrochemical, computer networks, process control, communication/telephone systems, publishing, defence applications, SCADA, federal, state and local governments, security and access control, telecommunications, hazardous areas, transport, intelligent building control systems, water and sewerage.
In a nutshell, if you have a problem with lightning, surges or transients, we can supply a quality reliable solution at a reasonable cost.