Improve the stability of the grinding (SAG / Ball Mills) and flotation plant (conventional and Jameson cells), through improved instrumentation and control strategies.
- Design, specification, configuration and commissioning of full plant-wide control system for the upgraded smelter. (ISASMELT and waste heat boiler; oxygen plant; sulphuric acid plant; electric furnace; materials handling area; services and utilities)
- Development of plant-wide measurement and control standards for the project and upgraded smelter
- Detailed instrumentation design for the ISASMELT plant and waste heat boiler areas
- Electrical design and procurement specification for associated low voltage motor control centre
- Client training in control system configuration and maintenance.
- Strong focus on simplicity and reliability for maintenance groups
- Transfer of knowledge from multiple technology providers into common control system to provide consistent operations interface
- Fast-tracked project with control system on critical path.
- Reduced project costs through economical project implementation by one group with minimised design group interfaces
- Efficient and cost-effective ongoing control system maintenance due to commonality of equipment and consistency of design
- Minimised project risk
- Cohesive approach to instrument design standards, control system design and configuration.