Enerpac’s self-contained Pow’R-LOCK™ hydraulic jacking system rated for heavy lifts up to 200 tons (181 metric tonnes) has won national accolades in the Process and Control Engineering Zenith Awards.
The prestigious awards – hosted by Prime Creative Media at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in August – recognised engineering companies that provide advanced technologies and products designed for safety, efficiency, productivity and performance.
The Pow'R-LOCK portable lifting system, which won the transport category, has full-time locking capability is designed and is purpose-built to provide safe and secure lifting for heavy off-highway machinery including haul trucks, mining vehicles, civil engineering machinery and implements.
"It was rewarding to be recognised for this innovative solution that lifts massive vehicles in the mining and civil engineering industries,” said Mr Denis Matulin, Enerpac Regional Manager, Australia and New Zealand, who attended the awards night with Mining and Integrated Solutions Manager, Warren Baltineshter and Victorian Territory Manager, Murray Johnston.
"Enerpac's goal is 'zero harm' and products like the Pow'R-LOCK that reduces risk by providing autonomous locking of the load help us achieve and maintain this goal,” said Mr Matulin.
Pow'R-LOCK's innovative locking system does not rely on the operator to secure the load and that the 6m pendant keeps the operator out of the shadow of the truck and in a much safer position.
Key Features of Pow'R-LOCK include:
- Redundant lowering valves, PO (pilot operated) check and counter-balance, to add safety to the retract operation
- Pow'R-LOCK locking system provides autonomous protection during lift, lower and hold function
- Pneumatic operation for use in potentially hazardous environments (in consultation with Enerpac)
- Patented cylinder and control technology provides double-acting lock-nut protection with low collapsed heights
- Nitro-carburisation provides additional corrosion protection on the cylinder
- Simple two-button operation for raise and lower functions
- Integrated tilt saddle to reduce side loading and extend the life of the jack in extreme situations.
- Large base plate, which increases contact with the ground, distributes load, resists tipping and achieves a stability factor that allows Pow'R-LOCK to be classified as a vehicle support stand.
- An ergonomic six-position handle (below) which maximises leverage and hand clearance under vehicles when positioning to a lift point.