Report shows serious workers' compensation claims continue to fall
The Australian Workers’ Compensation Statistics 2014-15 report provides detailed workers’ compensation statistics, including preliminary claim data for 2014-15 and an analysis of claims over time.
Key findings include:
- the rate of serious claims has fallen by 33 per cent between 2000-01 and 2013-14
- the median time lost from work rose by 33 per cent to 5.6 working weeks between 2000-01 and 2013-14
- labourers had the highest rate of workers’ compensation claims in 2014-15
- the health care and social assistance industry had the highest number of claims in 2014-15 and the agriculture, forestry and fishing industry has the highest rate.
This report is produced annually from claims data provided by Australian workers’ compensation authorities.
An infographic snapshot of key findings is also available on the Safe Work Australia seminars site.
Have your say...
The approval of your comment is at the discretion of this article's publisher. Write your comment with the following in mind to ensure the highest likelihood of it being approved:
- No promotional undertones
- No use of profanity
- Good spelling, grammar and layout
- Check punctuation, language and missing words
- No use of aggression
- No unsubstantiated claims
We reserve the right to remove comments at our discretion.
Your name is used alongside Comments.