New Features of SIMATIC WinCC V6 + Service Pack 4 - SCADA Software:
Microsoft Software Support
The following operating systems are supported:
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server SP1
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2 (for single-user systems and clients)
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 SP4 is used as the database and is supplied with WinCC Version 6 SP4.The SQL Server system administrator password can now be assigned by the user and supports adherence to company password conventions.
SIMATIC NET software integration
Softnet S7 Lean for Industrial Ethernet is included free-of-charge with every new WinCC license (from version 6.0 SP3 onwards). This SIMATIC NET software supports up to a maximum of 8 S7 connections via an Ethernet network card.
SIMATIC NCM PC is included within the scope of supply with WinCC. NCM PC enables vastly improved handling of WinCC projects in an integrated environment without the need for Step7. Simplified loading of WinCC projects (as well as redundant systems) onto target systems is possible with a mouse click.
License Management of SIMATIC WinCC V6 + Service Pack 4 - SCADA Software:
WinCC Version 6 SP3 and later uses the Automation License Manager (ALM) for the management of licenses. ALM provides increased flexibility for the handling of licenses including:
- Floating licenses for engineering (RC) licenses for on-demand use by engineering users
- Transportation of licenses via USB memory sticks
ALM can be used for new as well as existing licenses.
Analysis functions (from version 6.0 SP3)
New analysis functions are now incorporated into the trend and alarm display controls enabling statistical analysis of such data online. For trend data, a time period can be selected and the results shown in a statistics windows for:
- standard deviation
For alarm data, alarm hit lists can be displayed showing:
- frequency of a message
- average and cumulative time span between incoming and outgoing
- average and cumulative time span between coming and acknowledging of a message
Numerous other improvements have been made in the alarm and trend display controls for improved representation of historical data.
Improved support for CFR21 Part 11 compliance (from version 6.0 SP3)
WinCC V6.0 SP3 and later has enhanced support for the requirements for facility validation according to FDA Standards of the US Food and Drug Administration. This includes the following new functions:
- Signing-off of archives: Manipulations made to swapped-out archive data can be recognised
- Comments assigned to unique user: Message comments may only be modified by the message creator
- Project-wide formatting of date/time according to ISO Standard 8601: In runtime, a uniform display can be forced regardless of the settings of individual applications
Other enhancements of SIMATIC WinCC V6 + Service Pack 4 - SCADA Software:
- Improved VBS functionality and performance (from version 6.0 SP3)
- Extended support of quality code and tag status
- Archive tags for compressions archives no longer contribute to the license count of archive tags.
- Improvements to Autostart of client without own project
- Picture windows extended by "Scroll Bar Position" property
- Fading in and out of objects as a function of size
- Extended zooming for individual pictures
- Drag & drop to link user objects to structure tags
- For WinCC runtime reports, the operator now also has a preview function available.
- Printout of message sequence report on a page printer
Option packages compatability of SIMATIC WinCC V6 + Service Pack 4 - SCADA Software:
The following WinCC options are also released with WinCC V6.0 SP4:
- WinCC/Server V6.0 SP4
- WinCC/Redundancy V6.0 SP4
- WinCC/User Archives V6.0 SP4
- WinCC/ProAgent V6.0 SP3
- WinCC/WebNavigator V6.1 SP1
- WinCC/Dat@Monitor V6.1 SP1
- WinCC/Audit V6.0 SP2
- SIMATIC Logon Service V1.3
- WinCC/Connectivity Pack V6.1 SP4
- WinCC/ODK V6.0 SP4
- WinCC/IndustrialX V1.1
Upgrades of SIMATIC WinCC V6 + Service Pack 4 - SCADA Software:
Customers with current WinCC Comprehensive Support (Software Update Service) contracts will automatically receive WinCC V6.0 SP4.Upgrade packages from WinCC V5 are available (see ordering data).Customers with WinCC Version 6 licenses are entitled to a free of charge upgrade. Please contact your local Siemens representative.