Repetition fabrication is a process of manufacturing steel components and products. Involving; cutting, bending and assembly of material and sub-assemblies.
Repetition metal fabrication is very effective in situations where prototypes are required. Also when changes to product features occurs after the component has already begun the manufacturing process.
Using a trusted ‘Turnkey’ manufacturing supplier, who can offer the entire fabrication process, including: laser cutting, machining, forming, tapping, assembly and welding, is an effective way of reducing both production times and overall costs.
Benefits of Repetition Metal Fabrication
- Repetition fabrication offers a number of production techniques in order to create value-added metal components. Customisation of parts to suit individual requirements is then available.
- Production lead-times can be significantly shorter.
- Metal fabrication is a flexible process, changes and alterations to the product design are implemented easily and efficiently.
- Laser cutting and auto-feed saws are time efficient techniques used to cut raw material.
- Profiling and Forming – Continued advances in multi-axis press brakes offers CNC programmable controls, computerised back gauging and rapid set-up. Therefore resulting in increased accuracy and consistency in the components manufactured.
- Machining – Automatic lathes, CNC Machining and advances in machine tooling allow for efficient maintenance of tight tolerances.
- Welding and Assembly – The assembly and welding of stamped, pressed, formed and machined parts. This is typically accompanied by a quality check for accuracy and alignment. Semi-automated and robotic welding processes provide a high degree of consistency and accuracy.
Using companies that have experience in stamped metal components and pressing as well as repetition fabrication proves to be a powerful process. Companies that can provide consultation and share experience on utilizing both stamping and fabrication in a single source are the key to the survival and overall prosperity of Australian manufacturing.