At Treadwell Group, our core business divisions have been developed utilising the latest fibreglass reinforced plastic (FRP) technology.
Wholly Australian owned and operated, this group of companies has established themselves as heavyweights in the meat and dairy industry. Their years of experience and strong relationships forged with the Australian farming community assure quality and dependability of their products.
One of their divisions include a milk processing plant with an annual capacity of 300 million litres of raw milk. Headed by a highly experienced team, this dairy company provides a state-of-the-art factory and is the newest of its kind in the southern hemisphere. Treadwell was engaged to supply grating and stair treads for this milk plant.
- Roof access walkways were required for equipment maintenance. Special care was required for installation as loading points had to be taken into consideration.
- Staircase platforms needed to be customisable to accommodate various landing sizes.
- Colours had to be customised to fit the company’s aesthetics.
- Project Category: Access staircase and walkways
- Scope of Work: Supply grating and stair treads
- Treadwell Products: ACCESS SYSTEMS EX-Series® GratEX® FRP Square Mesh Grating
- GratEX® FRP grating is lightweight and strong, making it ideal to be installed in weight loading sensitive areas while being able to function as required.
- Treadwell has the capabilities to easily cut GratEX® grating panels to the required size and shapes to fit the intended application.
- The GratEX® FRP Square Mesh grating was customized to meet the aesthetic and practical requirements of the structure.
- FRP is simply fabricated and modified on site. This means there is no need for any hot works permit.
- Being lightweight and easy to install, FRP is very manageable during construction.
- Given the nature of FRP, any system utilising it is virtually maintenance-free, keeping maintenance costs to a minimum.