DEXRON®-VI ATF is specially formulated to provide twice the service life of a DEXRON®-III (H) ATF and offers enhanced performance for both new and older transmissions.
It is designed to protect your transmission through improved oxidation resistance, friction durability, shear stability and wear protection to help meet warranty protection requirements in late model vehicles.
Designed to provide responsive shift feel throughout the life of the oil, Petro-Canada DEXRON®-VI ATF consistently protects your car/truck transmission longer than all previous DEXRON® type fluids. Petro-Canada DEXRON®-VI ATF was developed in conjunction with General Motors fluid design criteria for all 2006 and beyond model year vehicles with automatic transmissions.
It is formulated with Petro-Canada's 99.9 per cent pure PURITYTM Base Oils manufactured using the HT Purity Process and an enhanced additive system.
Petro-Canada offers you an automatic transmission fluid that is the same high performance fluid as used at the factory for initial fill. In addition, Petro-Canada was granted the first DEXRON®-VI ATF license number from General Motors (J-60001).
- Extended fluid life
- Extends life of the transmission
- Potential to extend drain intervals Enhanced Product Performance for newer and older transmissions Outstanding resistance against sludge & deposit formation
- Improved oxidation and thermal stability versus DEXRON®-III (H) ATF
- Superior anti-wear protection
- Outstanding low temperature fluidity
- Enhanced foam control which maintains responsive shifts and reduces wear on bearings, bushing and gears More consistent shifting performance
- Optimized frictional properties
- Prevents clutch shudder in modulated torque converters
- Extended fluid and clutch durability
- Smooth gear shifting during low temperature operation
- Clutch plates and bands last longer
- Improved Fuel Economy versus DEXRON®-III (H) ATF
- Improved torque transfer versus DEXRON®-III (H) ATF
- More consistent viscosity profile which maintains a consistent torque performance
- Lower viscosity versus DEXRON®-III (H)
- Improved shear stability
Petro-Canada DEXRON®-VI ATF is recommended for all 2006 and beyond GM vehicles with Hydramatic automatic transmissions. It is fully back serviceable for DEXRON®-III (H), III(G) and II(E) applications.
Meets GM specification, GMN10060 MB-Approval 236.41 Petro-Canada DEXRON®-VI ATF is approved for use in Mercedes-Benz vehicles requiring a fluid meeting MB 236.41. Always consult your vehicle owner’s manual for specific recommendations.