Brown Brothers Engineers was established in 1908 in New Zealand by Alfred and Phillip Brown. In the early years, the company specialised in electrical engineering and diversified into pumps after 1915.
In 1935 Brown Brothers moved into pump manufacture for farm, industrial and household use. In the post war decades Brown Brothers grew and thrived becoming the New Zealand distributor for many of the worlds leading pump manufacturers.
In 1980 Brown Brothers became a member of the Mace Group of Companies.
In late 1994 Brown Brothers established an office in Sydney and two years later opened an office in Melbourne. In April 2007 a Brisbane branch was opened.
In May 2004, Brown Brothers acquired Kelair Pumps Australia Pty Ltd, headquartered in Sydney and in March 2005 acquired Rob Laine Pumping Solutions Pty Ltd in Melbourne.
In 2007, Brown Brothers acquired Lowara Pumps Queensland.
Today the Pumps Group employs 140 people in 13 locations throughout Australia and New Zealand. The business continues to evolve in response to the ever changing needs of a varied and growing market.
Promo message Brown Brothers Engineers
Pumps make the world go round
Pumps are an integral part of modern society, fulfilling many and varied functions. This is reflected in the fact that the pump is the second most common item of machinery in the world, outnumbered only by the electric motor.
Pumps are vital to our economy. They supply water for agricultural and domestic use and play a pivotal role in New Zealand’s manufacturing and industrial processes – ensuring continuity in production. Nor could our cities function without the pumps on which our portable water supplies and sewage treatment schemes rely.