As a result of the successful coating of Reservoir Number 1 the previous year, CRS and POLYEURO 5502 were awarded this crucial waterproofing project to provide a high performance membrane with essential properties of fast cure, potable water approval and long-term protection.
Project: Cowangs Semi Underground Potable Water Storage Reservoir Number 2
Client: Golden Fields Water, New South Wales
Product: POLYEURO 5502
Area: 2000 square metres
Completion: July 2006
- Stop water penetration / leakage from the concrete water storage reservoir
- Long term protection of the structure
- Provide seamless application to the floors and walls
Product requirements and benefits:
- Fast cure, tough, resilient and highly elastomeric Potable Water Approval AS/NZS 4020 : 1999
- Seamless application of the coating system to the floor and wall areas of the reservoir
- Specific priming system to seal the porous concrete structure and enable a pinhole free coating
- Low temperature application
Water blasting of the concrete removed all loose material but also exposed the aggregate. Polyprime 21 applied at a rate of 1 litre per 4 square metres was used to seal the substrate prior to membrane application.
POLYEURO 5502 system was chosen for its extraordinary waterproofing and physical properties, ability to adhere strongly to the prepared concrete surfaces and be applied in near freezing conditions.