A permanent lid-mounted SPIRAC shaftless screw conveyor received dewatered solids and transports it along the length of the container. The container is filled optimally without manual intervention via a series of outlets, stopping automatically once full.
The Spirotainer can be supplied complete with pre-wired control panel and sensors for ‘plug + play’ operation and is available in a range of sizes.
The shaftless spiral allowed higher filling rates and lower rpm’s resulting in less wear and consequently less maintenance and down time. Although the spirals can be made of many different materials, the primary material is a special steel from Sweden, which has mechanical properties that result in the SPIRAC spiral having a very high tensile strength.
Eliminating intermediate and end bearings reduces major maintenance work. It also allows efficient and direct transfer into another conveyor – horizontal, inclined or vertical.
SPIRAC’s proprietary liner, DURAFLO SPX, is designed specifically to ensure long life. The DURAFLO SPX liner has a built-in wear indicator with a snap-in, snap-out feature enabling easy replacement.
SPIRAC conveyors are totally enclosed. There is no spillage of the material being conveyed and odours are completely contained.
SPIRAC’s direct-drive design allows a clean and efficient transmission without the maintenance required with belt and chain drives.
- SPIRAC shaftless spirals ensure highly reliable material handling
- High container filling rates
- Simple, automatic operation
- Self-centralising sealing flange
- Odours contained completely
- Virtually maintenance free
- Low operating costs.
- Paint finishes
- Integral control panel – pre-wired
- Level sensors for automatic control of fill rate
- Weighing systems
- Storage of dewatered sludge screenings
- Storage of dewatered sewage sludges
- Storage of dewatered industrial sludges
- Storage of grit
- Storage of industrial screened solids