Dust-A-Side (DAS™) has been operating since 1976 and is the major dust control specialist on mines in sub-Saharan Africa. Its head office is located in Pretoria, South Africa and the company also operates from regional offices in the Mpumalanga, Limpopo, Northern Cape provinces of SA, as well as Botswana, Australia and Chile.
The main goal at DAS™ is to deliver a dust control management system both underground and on surface, enabling mines to provide a better, healthier working environment for all concerned. Dust control is an important environmental concern and impacts directly on the health of workers. Dust control is so important that it can save millions in operating costs and employee down time.
Benefits of signing up with DAS™
More than three decades of research, development and applications.
Successfully tested by the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS).
- Environmentally friendly. ISO9001 and ISO14001 accredited. Advantages of using DAS™ products
- Heavy duty – will not leach out.
- Improved productivity and increased profitability.
- Safer hauling conditions due to excellent visibility and better road surface.
- Enhanced safety, tyre life and higher travelling speeds.
- Savings of more than 80% through the use of low-grade in-situ materials.
- More than 90% water saved.
- Reduces spraying fleet by 60%.
- Reduces grading by more than 70%
- Maintenance done during normal hauling
- Roads are open to traffic during construction
- Enhances the quality of good gravel material
- DAS™ products are concentrated, water soluble and easy to apply.