This course has been mapped against the following unit of competency: BSBSUS201a and is available with the learner guide, assessments and mapping guide. Contact us for further details.
This course provides theory and self-knowledge to support learning and work based practices that support your participation in environmentally sustainable work practices.
It is broken down into three parts:
1. Identify current resource use
- Workplace environmental and resource efficiency issues;
- What resources are used in your work place;
- Techniques to document and measure usage;
- Techniques to record and file findings ;and
- How to report findings to appropriate personnel.
2. Comply with environmental regulations
- Workplace Procedures to ensure compliance;
- Report breaches or potential breaches to appropriate personnel;
- Regulatory Agency;
- Australian Pollution Laws; and
- Duty of Care.
3. Seek opportunities to improve resource efficiency
- Global warming;
- Waste Management.;
- Organisational plans to improve environmental practices and resource efficiency; and
- Working together to identify possible areas for improvement.