Eastern escalators are equipped with a host of standard and optional safety devices.
Standard safety devices
- Default phase protection – automatic stopping in case of phase failure
- Overload protection – automatic stopping when load is >15% above rating
- Circuit protection – circuit breakers protect electrical parts
- Handrail entry protection – automatic stopping when foreign objects in handrail entry
- Comb plate protection – automatic stopping when foreign objects in comb floor plate
- Step collapse protection – automatic stopping before the comb plate
- Drive chain fracture protection – automatic stopping when drive chain broken or overstretched
- Step chain fracture protection – automatic stopping when step chain broken or overstretched
- Over speed control
- Non-reversal device – automatic stopping when reverse motion detected
- Fire line – synthetic resin lines on front and side edges prevent passengers from being gripped between step edges and skirting panels
- Emergency stop button
- Skirting protection – automatic stopping when foreign objects detected between step edge and skirting
- Brake protection – mechanical braking option for power failure
- Maintenance switch – prevent escalator running during maintenance
- Step lighting
- Start alarm
- Handrail contact control – automatic stopping when handrail broken
- Handrail speed monitoring device – automatic stopping if handrail runs slower than steps
Optional safety devices
- Skirting defector device – skirting brush to prevent passengers' shoes touching skirting
- Fire rating door – automatic stopping when fire rating door activated
- Draining system – automatic drainage when water detected in lower machine room
- Emergency brake – step-slide prevented when drive chain broken or stop switch malfunction
- Handrail lighting – optional lighting at bottom of handrail
- Comb plate lighting – optional lighting at sides of comb plate
- Skirting lighting – optional lighting along skirting sides
- Auto-start control – automatic stopping, for power saving, when escalator empty of passengers
Advantages in brief
- Eastern escalators use advanced microcomputer control systems and self-diagnostic devices to monitor the escalators' performance.
- A range of energy-saving options to suit your individual requirements including VVVF auto-start and intermittent operations.
- Auto lubrication to extend the life of the escalator and maintain smooth riding
- Unique wedge-shaped entrance.
- Wide range of standard and optional safety devices to ensure passenger safety.
- Fully compliant with safety and electrical standards.
For specifications and layout drawings, please contact Eastern Elevators Australia.