Perfect for boundary fencing as well as low front walls, Hebel® PowerFence™ provides a modular masonry structure using lightweight panels and steel posts which can be easily and quickly erected without the need for extensive excavation or strip footings as is the case for traditional masonry wall construction.
Hebel® PowerFence™ is the residential cousin of Hebel® SoundBarrier™, an acoustic barrier system with a proven track record in noise reduction used extensively adjacent to motorways and rail corridors.
Hebel® PowerFence™ provides homeowners with substantial benefits:
- Simple, cost effective, reflective noise barrier system
- Perfect for boundary fencing and as an alternative to standard masonry for low front fences
- Helps keep the outside world out and your home and outdoor living areas peaceful and quiet, day and night
- Range of wall profiles and looks giving you design freedom and flexibility
- Fire resistant
There are two standard PowerFence™ systems – Expressed and Monolithic and panels can be routed to add a stylish, finishing touch. The standard PowerFence™ system can also be adapted to include a range of different decorative treatments such as timber panels or ironwork.
The primary component of the standard PowerFence™ system is the 75mm thick steel-reinforced panels that are manufactured from Hebel® AAC.
These PowerFence™ 75 panels are 600mm wide and come in a standard length of 2 metres. They feature a 5mm bevel to each long edge of the panel that provides definition to the fence surface.
PowerFence™ posts are 75mm box section steel with flanges and are supplied in a standard 2.5m length to suit a 1.8m high fence. CSR Cemintel™ compressed fibre cement sheets are used as vertical capping for the posts and a combination of Hebel® Blocks and 76mm steel U-track is used as a top capping.
The panels are installed horizontally to purpose designed, galvanised steel posts that are anchored into concrete footings. Construction of Hebel® PowerFence™ can be achieved with standard tools and fasteners. Accessories are available from your local Hebel® distributor.
- Systems Monolithic – for a streamlined uniform look.
- Panels are glued together with Hebel® Adhesive which is applied to the edge of the panel
- The top of the fence is capped with Hebel® blocks
- Capping blocks can be cut to size using a handsaw. Blocks are laid end to end and must be glued together using Hebel® Adhesive or a suitable construction adhesive
- Front and rear of posts are concealed by CSR Cemintel compressed fibre cement sheets of 24mm thickness
- Expressed – where the panel joints are accentuated.
- Panels do not require gluing
- The top of the fence is capped using a 76mm galvanised steel U-track
- Hebel® Blocks may be cut and placed on top of each post for further detail
- Front and rear of posts are concealed by CSR Cemintel compressed fibre cement sheets of 15mm thickness
Finishing options include simple acrylic paint treatments or render and texture coatings giving you the design freedom to create your own unique style. Hebel® PowerFence™ is built to last and look good year after year with minimal upkeep and maintenance. Hebel® PowerFence™ is solid, strong, won’t rot and is not a food source for termites.
Regardless of what style of home you own, be it traditional, modern or anything in between, Hebel® PowerFence™ is the perfect alternative for you.
What is a Hebel® PowerFence™ Panel?
Hebel® products are made from a non-toxic, lightweight masonry called Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC). The advanced process produces extremely small, finely dispersed air pockets within the material. This results in a lightweight aerated concrete panel which is about a quarter the weight of conventional masonry. Steel reinforcing is placed within the panels during production to provide a strong and robust construction panel ready for installation.
For more information on Fencing System - Hebel® PowerFence™, please click here.