The Kari Float Switch is a control device for filling and discharging pumps, motor and magnetic valves.
It is also an alarm device at certain pre-determined surface levels. SGS FIMKO OY (the Finnish Electrical Inspectorate) has performed the tests according to the Low Voltage Directive (LVD) and approved the Kari Float Switch for use in non- flammable liquids at 250 Volts.
In dangerous environments (e.g. wells and pumping stations) we recommend 24 V voltage. In potentially explosive dangerous atmospheres (e.g. oil tanks ) the Kari Float Switch can be used in connection with Exi-isolator switch units. Due to its large float casing the Kari Float Switch has a buoyancy which guarantees smooth, trouble-free operation under all conditions.
Technical Information for Standard and Mini Float Switches:
- Switching element: micro switch
- Rated voltage: 6...250 V AC
- Rated current: min. 100 mA, max. 6A res. 3A ind. min. 1 mA with gold plated contacts (option)
- Pressure rating: 200 kPa (2kp/cm2)
- Heat rating: +55°C (Special type +75°C)
- Range of adjustment (standard): 20 cm to120 cm
- Standard cable length: 5 m
- Weight: 0.55 kg to 2 kg according to type
- Buoyancy (standard): 6 N (600 g)
- Buoyancy (mini floats): 2 N (200 g)
- Float material: Polypropen (PP)
- Protection class: IP 67
- Cable insulation: PVC (standard) by request: Rubber, PTFE (Teflon) or oil resistant TPU
Kari Mini Float Switch:
The Kari Mini Float Switch is a control device for filling and discharging pumps, motor and magnetic valves. It is also an alarm device at certain pre-determined surface levels. SGS FIMKO OY (The Finnish Electrical Inspectorate) has perfomed the tests according Low Voltage Directive (LVD) and approved the Kari Mini Float Switch for use in non-flammable liquids at 250 Volts. For its small size (ø 76 mm) the Kari Mini Float can be used in narrow places.