Gas-powered air conditioning
Gas-powered air conditioning provides the commercial property sector with a low-carbon, high-efficiency solution that reduces peak electricity demand and compliments a sustainability focus.
Gas heat pump units offer outstanding cost performance and operational efficiency, quickly heating or cooling large spaces for maximum comfort.
As protecting our environment becomes an increasing influence on government policy and key business decisions, using gas powered air conditioning can reduce overall CO2 emissions by around 30%*.
- No need for three-phase power e.g. one 85kW Yanmar condenser has a running current of only 8 amps, single – phase.
- Reduced peak demand can mean considerably less electrical infrastructure required.
- Using gas rather than electricity for reverse-cycle air conditioning could reduce condenser related greenhouse gas emissions by around 30%.
- Low noise compared to similar sized electric versions e.g. an 85kW Yanmar condenser operates at 62dBA.
- Major reduction in de-icing cycles means superior heating performance.
- Ongoing energy cost savings on the condenser when using natural gas in NSW, VIC, SA and on the Gold Coast.
- Contributes to Commercial Building Green Star points.
* All figures are approximate and may vary depending on unit size.