To achieve this, match the measurement to be made as closely to the full scale value of the test gauge. This delivers the best accuracy from the gauge.
How to perform the test
- The pressure gauge should be mounted in the same orientation (vertical or horizontal) as in the process.
- The reference pressure gauge (2700G) should be mounted vertically.
- For hydraulic comparators prime the fluid with the priming pump, to remove any bubbles.
- Measurement points should be distributed uniformly over the calibration range. Conveniently source pressure with a manual pump up to 300 psi, after that use an external pressure supply.
- For gas comparators use the fine needle valve or fine adjustment screw press to precisely meter the pressure.
- With hydraulic models use the screw press to source and fine adjust the pressure.
- The source pressure can be adjusted until the device under test is reading a nominal pressure or until the reference gauge reads the nominal pressure.