PET bottle palletising is headed in a new direction with use of reusable plastic bottle trays instead of traditional cardboard boxes. The Australis High Speed Palletiser can palletise bottles onto pre-formed trays at 60 pallets per hour.
PET bottle palletising is headed in a new direction with use of reusable plastic bottle trays instead of just the traditional cardboard box. The Australis High Speed Palletiser can palletise bottles onto pre-formed trays at 60 pallets per hour.
These plastic trays hold up to 60 1.25L bottles, and are designed to be deposited directly onto the supermarket floor where customers take the product direct from the trays, eliminating the need for shelf stacking, in fact, eliminating the need for shelves entirely. This style of shelf readiness was pioneered by Aldi supermarkets but is also commonly seen in Coles and Woolworths.
Smart thinking in motion
However pre-formed bottle trays require a new way of palletising. Without boxes or wrapping, the bottles are loose until placed in the individual trays. Australis Engineering has designed and manufactured a new high speed automatic palletiser to handle the loose bottles, that outputs a layered pallet of 300 bottles in 1 minute and up to 500 pallets per 8 hour shift.
With reusable packaging and no stacking, the product can be made, bought and sold cheaper benefiting everybody from the manufacturer, the retailer and the consumer, as well as being environmentally friendly with little to no waste.
Industry proven solution
The first of these Australis Engineering Palletisers was installed and has been successfully running since 2002, with further units being deployed since that time.
Importantly, our beverage clients report that the High Speed Palletisers are not only fast, they are extremely reliable, with minimal downtime and only basic maintenance necessary to achieve great results.
With new methods of packaging being demanded by retailers, manufacturers have to stay up-to-date with these new methods, and with Australis Engineering as your partner, you can keep on top of the problem and increase your bottom line at the same time.
Established in 1983, Australis Engineering are a multi-faceted provider of engineering design, conveyors, robotics, materials handling equipment and industrial automation capabilities. We have a strong engineering design focus and apply mechanical and automation expertise across a range of industries results in smart thinking and innovation. Smart thinking is delivered by our in-house engineering and trade experts meaning customers have direct access to the designers and technicians who are delivering your solution – nothing is lost in translation and you do not have to outsource capabilities to multiple providers.
Our customers choose Australis for our expertise in conveying, automation, robotics and materials handling. Smart thinking drives this expertise to deliver innovative engineering designs that solve specific client challenges such as deploying new products, improving productivity, improving safety, increasing efficiency or reducing production costs.
- We offer in-house mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and automation capabilities.
- We design, manufacture, install, commission and service. Highly experienced in system integration and turnkey projects, including integration of existing equipment or equipment from other vendors.
- We excel at designing and manufacturing innovative, fully tailored materials handling equipment.
- Demonstrated expertise in a wide range of industries including food, beverage, pharmaceuticals, health, packaging, warehousing, industrial, hazardous substances, coins and general manufacturing.
- With experience across a diverse range of industry sectors and equipment, we deliver customer solutions that ensure a great return on investment.
- Certified to ISO9001:2015 quality management systems and ISO31000:2009 risk management