OH&S requires that a furnace is made safe from falling debris for a furnace inspector PRIOR to their entering the vessel.The Furnace Inspection Safety Plug ("FISP") is designed to keep workers safe while performing safety, maintenance and repair functions.
Features & Benefits
- Feature 1 - Use
- When a vessel or the internal parts, heat exchanger piping or other internal equipment need servicing the FISP is remotely inserted and secured.
- It is then deemed safe enough for a second tier of safety deck to be erected above the required work areas.
- Feature 2 - Benefits
- The FISP is a revolutionary device designed to protect wokmen from falliing debris like refractory lining of a furnace ceiling or wall in a large furnace vessel.
- This device is designed to be remotely insert into a furnace vessel when physical human inspection of the refractory lining or repairs are required.
- custom designed to meet your specific requirements.
- Feature 3 - application
- The FISP is designed to be used in a furnace where the ceiling has a refractory lining which can loosen in the operation of the furnace. This poses a falling hazard when the lining delaminates for the walls or ceiling of a furnace.
- The FISP is remotely inserted into the furnace and remotely lifted into position where it locks itself in place by inflating a reinforced safety cushion.
- Feature 4 - other applications
- the FISP can be used as an elevated work platform to inspect ceilings and walls.
For more information or a quote on the FISP please call or use the IndustrySearch email for a direct reply from our friendly team today.