Companies using Teamcenter Express benefit from:
- Securing corporate design data while facilitating access by authorized personnel
- Increasing design re-use, enabled by a powerful and flexible search capability
- Streamlining engineering processes with simple design review and release workflows and effective change management
- Error reduction through more effective collaboration between departments and the elimination of mistake-prone manual handoffs to manufacturing
- apid deployment of a full-featured PDM solution
Faster searching and retrieval of data
Fast and accurate searching and retrieval of design data is a key requirement for mainstream manufacturing organisations. Teamcenter Express Version 9.1 includes significant enhancements in this area that simplify the search process and speed the retrieval of the correct data.
- The Local Find search that runs in the Explorer panel automatically filters displayed data as the data is typed in. This provides instant and dynamic feedback to you on the data that matches your search.
- A new Simple Search tab available in the Data panel simplifies creation and execution of both basic and complex searches. Some searches involving Boolean logic that previously could only be defined by a system administrator can now be configured directly by users.
Updated multi-CAD capabilities
Teamcenter Express users can take advantage of the continued development of Teamcenter integrations with Solid Edge, NX, SolidWorks, CATIA V5, Pro/E, Autocad and Autodesk Inventor. Some of these enhancements include:
- For Solid Edge users, the integration between Solid Edge and Teamcenter Express (the Solid Edge Embedded Client or SEEC) is updated with the release of Solid Edge ST5 and Teamcenter Express Version 9.1. Enhancements include closer integration in areas such as automated Item and Revision number assignment, and the use of display names. Performance improvements in the areas of bulk loading and product structure management are also provided in this release.
- For NX users, Check Mate validation results can now be stored in Teamcenter Express. The results can be queried and viewed without the need to open he NX parts and assemblies, and can be linked to Teamcenter Express workflows.
Improved installation and maintenance
Teamcenter Express' focus has always been the fast installation of a preconfigured environment and simple configuration to meet customer-specific requirements. Version 9.1 continues this focus with improved tools for installation and maintenance.
- The Teamcenter Express Installation Wizard has been improved with the ability to select typical or custom installations for the Teamcenter Express server, the 2-tier client and a 4-tier client. Instant feedback on errors and online help is available for key steps of the installation process.
- Change Request and Change Notice forms are now standard Teamcenter forms, utilise list-of-value pull downs, and can be easily modified.
- When upgrading Teamcenter Express to a new version, new tools – including pre-upgrade diagnostics and the ability to perform a dry-run – simplify this process.
New license option and management tools
A new Teamcenter Express Occasional Author license is introduced with Version 9.1. This lower-cost license is aimed at users who need occasional author access to Teamcenter Express. In addition, a new license monitoring tool enables administrators to more easily track and optimise license usage. License usage data is stored in the Teamcenter Express database and reports can be written to Microsoft Excel®.
Teamcenter Express Version 9.1 is a configuration of, and delivers complete scalability to, Teamcenter 9.1. Teamcenter is the proven global leader in PLM with over 7 million users. With improved compatibility with Teamcenter, you can more easily upgrade to Teamcenter if you need extended requirements.
Support for latest Microsoft standards
Teamcenter Express Version 9.1 adds certification for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, and also adds full 64-bit Windows Server and client support for excellent performance, reliability and scalability.
For more information please call or use the IndustrySearch enquiry box for a direct reply