Features of the Blendscan Mill Automatic Blending Control System:
- Computes and filters on-line the raw mix quality.
- Corrects possible deviations from the desired raw mix quality (e.g. LSF, SR, AR) continuously (continuous control) or at batch end (batch control) after each new GEOSCAN measurement by automatically adjusting proportions of the input materials (e.g. premix, limestone, sand, pyrite, clay, bauxite, etc.).
- Exact knowledge of the input material compositions is not required, only the main differences in quality between input materials.
- Takes into account constraints such as limitations on input material proportions by a proprietary constraint control and optimisation algorithm.
- Rejects anomalous readings due to short term upsets such as temporary stops of feeders or the GEOSCAN and stockpile changes.
- Communicates with various devices (GEOSCAN, dosage controllers/feeders) via customised protocols (Industrial Ethernet, Profibus, OPC, etc.).
- Offers a reliable user-friendly human-machine interface (HMI) to introduce the parameters, view on-line, historic trends and alarms.
- Generates electronic reports (either automatically; daily, monthly, yearly or manually; for a specific time interval).
- Minimises variations in product quality
- Increased production
- Increased profits
- Configuration flexibility
- Reliable HMI based on Siemens WinCC