The MA-500 is ideal for use on non-conducting materials with low to medium moisture content and relatively low bed depth. The MA-500 is particularly well suited for analysis of most ranks and types of coal.
The analyser fits to a standard belt conveyor. It has a rugged c-frame configuration, is supplied fully assembled and is easily installed. Standard in the MA-500 are many different communication options for sending and receiving data.
Its user-friendly features are designed to assist with commissioning & calibration. Importantly, the data storage and communication capabilities of the MA-500 enable technical support via remote access for diagnostic purposes and periodic calibration verification.
Benefits • Superior Precision and Accuracy • Belt Scale not required • Non Contact • Non Nucleonic • Low Whole of Life Costs • Easy to Install • Seamless Plant Integration • Remote Access Calibration & Servicing
Features • Analyzes 100% of the material on the conveyor from top to bottom. • Uses MoistScan® patented microwave technology which is the most popular microwave technology on the market for measuring moisture in bulk materials. • Measures the bed depth of the material to compensate for mass flow rate. Other microwave analysers often require an input from a beltweigher or a radioactive source • No contact with the material • No radioactive source is required • As no beltweigher or radioactive source is required the ongoing costs associated with servicing and regulatory compliance is minimal. • No wearing parts • No consumables • Fully assembled and easily bolts to the stringer supports of the conveyor • Wide range of communication options for transmitting data to Plant PLC • Cost-effective remote communication access for periodic checking of calibration
Welcome to MoistScan® - the global leader in online moisture analysis.
Developed by Callidan Instruments, MoistScan® employs state-of-the-art microwave technology to accurately measure moisture in a wide-range of bulk materials.
Unlike other technologies such as near infrared (NIR), radio frequency (RF), conductance and capacitance, MoistScan® analyses 100% of the material identifying variations in moisture throughout the entire profile. The MoistScan® patented microwave transmission technique combined with Callidan's extensive application knowledge ensures that MoistScan® online microwave moisture analysers operate with the highest precision.
MoistScan® employs state-of-the-art microwave technology to accurately measure moisture levels in a wide range of bulk materials. These include:
• Agriculture - wheat, rice, maize, corn, sorghum, food grains, feed grains, fertilisers
• Bio-fuels - bagasse, woodchip, wood flake, pulp, sawdust, hog fuel
• Building materials - cement, MDF board, particle board, panel board, clay
• Food - cheese, butter, snack foods, breakfast cereals, pasta
• Minerals - coal, iron ore, bauxite, nickel, aluminum, lead, zinc, copper, concentrate, sinter, filter cake, pellets
Our technology is used by industry throughout the world to:
• Improve plant productivity
• Increase production efficiency
• Control product quality
• Improve material handle-ability
• Implement dry tonnage accounting
• Improve product specification compliance
• Improve occupational, health and safety associated with material handling; and
• Meet environmental obligations associated with dust emission control.
Models include the MoistScan®:
• On-belt conveyor moisture analyser
• In-pipe moisture sensor
• Screw feeder-auger meter
• Vertical-rotary disc filter analyser
• Horizontal belt filter meter
• Hopper - chute sensor
• Bulk sample bench top analyzer
MoistScan® - practical, proven, process technology.