The result was the MA-700. A high quality, robust and accurate in-pipe sensor that can be mounted in-line on a pipe transport medium.
The MA-700 is an affordable alternative to traditional analysis and expensive competing analysers. Callidan has proven the microwave technique to be successful in the determination of both the moisture and salt content of cheese or butter.
Callidan Instruments have done considerable research in discovering the relationship between the microwave response with respect to dielectric loss and dielectric constant with that of moisture and salt levels..
Typically the MOISTSCAN® MA-700 obtains an instrument precision of 0.3% for moisture and 0.08% for salt.
Callidan Instruments | Moisture Meters
Welcome to MoistScan® - the global leader in online moisture analysis.
Developed by Callidan Instruments, MoistScan® employs state-of-the-art microwave technology to accurately measure moisture in a wide-range of bulk materials.
Unlike other technologies such as near infrared (NIR), radio frequency (RF), conductance and capacitance, MoistScan® analyses 100% of the material identifying variations in moisture throughout the entire profile. The MoistScan® patented microwave transmission technique combined with Callidan's extensive application knowledge ensures that MoistScan® online microwave moisture analysers operate with the highest precision.
MoistScan® employs state-of-the-art microwave technology to accurately measure moisture levels in a wide range of bulk materials. These include:
• Agriculture - wheat, rice, maize, corn, sorghum, food grains, feed grains, fertilisers
• Bio-fuels - bagasse, woodchip, wood flake, pulp, sawdust, hog fuel
• Building materials - cement, MDF board, particle board, panel board, clay
• Food - cheese, butter, snack foods, breakfast cereals, pasta
• Minerals - coal, iron ore, bauxite, nickel, aluminum, lead, zinc, copper, concentrate, sinter, filter cake, pellets
Our technology is used by industry throughout the world to:
• Improve plant productivity
• Increase production efficiency
• Control product quality
• Improve material handle-ability
• Implement dry tonnage accounting
• Improve product specification compliance
• Improve occupational, health and safety associated with material handling; and
• Meet environmental obligations associated with dust emission control.
Models include the MoistScan®:
• On-belt conveyor moisture analyser
• In-pipe moisture sensor
• Screw feeder-auger meter
• Vertical-rotary disc filter analyser
• Horizontal belt filter meter
• Hopper - chute sensor
• Bulk sample bench top analyzer
MoistScan® - practical, proven, process technology.