With timely information to make decisions that maximise the value of the product and minimise operating and maintenance costs. Microwaves are transmitted through the belt and the process material. Unlike reflection-based technologies, the beam fully penetrates the bed, so there is no impact from vertical segregation.
The Monitor uses a combined Group Delay and attenuation technology to determine moisture content. The technology operates on both fabric and steel cord belts. Measurements are independent of lump size and belt speed.
The TBM 200 Series On-Belt Microwave Moisture Monitor automatically adjusts for changing flow rates on the belt, using an adjacent belt scale or integrated bed depth monitor. Scantech will advise on the best model to suit individual applications.
- Simple and inexpensive installation
- Simple and quick calibration process
- No effects from vertical segregation
- No errors from surface anomalies
- No time consuming, tedious alignment on site
- Results independent of changing tonnage rate
- No costly wear components
- Minimum maintenance
- No interference with material flow or belt operation
- Enables quick responses to changing conditions
- No costly sampling programs during normal operation
- No regular operator input required
- Simple interface to all plant control systems
- Rugged, long-lasting design
- Stainless steel options
- Multiple models to optimise performance
- Does not require a licence.
- Fits directly around the conveyor belt
- Beam passes completely through the material
- Fully automatic bed depth compensation
- Pre-aligned and factory tested unit in single robust frame
- No contact with the conveyor belt or process material
- Rapid “online” results• Fully automatic operation
- Industry standard outputs
- Meets IP65 rating for dust and moisture protection
- Optional full stainless steel finish
- No radiation source
Typical applications include:
- Analysis of product to control dewatering circuits and dryer settings, thus reducing processing costs and
- optimising handling characteristics;
- Monitoring and controlling dust suppression systems;
- Analysis and blending control during reclaim from stockpiles at delivery points, to ensure quality targets n are met and to minimise handling problems in transport, chutes and transfer points;
- Monitoring feed moisture into a process, to control chemical dosing;
- Analysis of materials on delivery, to monitor contract compliance and optimise inventory management.
"It is vitally important to realise that an accurate knowledge of the grade of the ore that is mined, processed, and railed to the port is crucial to quality control and blending operations", Dr Ralph Holmes Sampling and Analysis Conference 2013.
For more information on the TBM 200 Series of Microwave Moisture Monitors please call or use the IndustrySearch enquiry box for a direct reply.