Due to the high insensitivity to oil, dirt, dust, moisture, interference fields, etc. the eddy current principle is ideally suited to applications in harsh industrial environments. Eddy current displacement sensors are designed for industrial use in factory automation for machine monitoring, for inspection and for measuring and testing.
Characteristics of eddy current sensors:
- High precision and resolution
- Non-contact and wear free
- Insensitive to dirt
- Suitable for fast applications
- Very good price/performance ratio
The Eddy current sensor finds application in:
- Measurement of the radial deviation on superconducting magnets
- Thickness Measurement of yarn
- Oil film thickness measurement in an internal combusion engine
- Measurement of sprayed skin thickness
- Thickness measurement of rubber film
The Eddy current sensors are available in Australia and New Zealand from Bestech Australia Pty Ltd.