The DFX12SF is a carrier grade high performance Layer 2 Ethernet switch meeting the needs of high availability communications networks.
The DFX12SF is ruggedised to meet the stringent environmental requirements of IEC-61850 for utility substation environments.
The DFX12SF has 12 x 100Base-FX Ethernet SFP interfaces and 4 x 100Base-T (RJ45) Electrical tributary ports. It also has 4 x 1000Base-X uplink ports to support protected network architectures.
It has a high performance Ethernet switching fabric and supports 1632 byte frames, with a range of rate limiting and storm control options.
Tag based VLANs (802.1q with 8K MAC addresses and 4K VLANs) are supported, allowing network segmentation without being restricted by physical connections.
802.1q based VLAN functionality (access, trunk & filtered trunk modes) are supported, allowing network designers more flexibility.
The Spanning Tree Protocol is supported for loop avoidance when deployed in meshed topologies providing additional resilience to link failures.
Link aggregation (IEEE 802.3ad) is also supported on the uplink ports, further supporting the implementation of protected network architectures.
With an increasing number of critical services migrating to Ethernet, the DFX has been designed with an extremely high MTBF and for operation in high temperature environments.
The DFX12SF can be managed locally via the console port or remotely using Telnet, SNMP or Avara's Web Server over a secure VLAN. Full remote configuration and software download options reduces upgrade time. A comprehensive set of SNMP traps and alarms are provided to assist fault management and isolation.
The DFX supports Avara's Zero On-Site Configuration System enabling it to download its configuration dynamically from a centralised database, thus delivering a true “Plug and Go” solution to facilitate deployment and simplify network management.
- 12 x 100Base-FX (SFP) Ethernet Ports
- 4 x 10/100Base-T Ethernet Ports with PoE support
- 2 x 1000Base-X (SFP) Ethernet Uplink Ports (Supporting Ring Operation)
- 2 x 1000Base-X (SFP) Ethernet Uplink Ports (Supporting LAG)
- High performance Ethernet layer 2 switch fabric
- Point to point, linear and ring topology support
- Sub 50ms protection switching in ring mode
- Supports 802.1p/q VLAN capabilities
- Supports both VLAN access, trunk and filtered ports
- Rate Limiting on Ethernet ports
- Revertive operation for Ethernet
- Supports Link Aggregation
- Supports 8K MAC Addresses
- Support 4096 VLANs
- Supports STP
- 802.1x port-based/MAC-based access control
- Rugged industrial design with compliance to IEC-61850-3 standards.
- High MTBF and fan-less operation to ensure high availability
- Management SNMP, Telnet, CLI, Web Browser, HPOV
- 20-72 VDC Power Supply
- -5 to +70 °C operation
- 4 x PoE configurations with up to 15.4 W per port