DBI-SALA, the world’s leading manufacturer solely dedicated to the fall protection market, has announced the launch of their NEW EZ-Line™ Retractable Horizontal Lifeline System.
This unique and first of its kind system eases the stress of installing, recoiling and removing temporary horizontal lifeline systems by incorporating a built-in retractor device. The entire 18m system is easily deployed and retracted from its compact hand-held housing. EZ-Line™ also reduces the burden on workers by weighing in 33 percent lighter than most horizontal lifeline systems.
“This new retractable system will allow workers to more easily and safely retract and store the cable that makes up the horizontal lifeline system,” said Rick Millar, Technical Manager for Capital Safety, Australia and New Zealand. “It will save workers time and energy that was previously spent coiling and uncoiling cable, as well as add safety features like a pretension indicator, impact indicator and shock absorption.”
The EZ-Line™ Retractable Horizontal Lifeline System is comprised of an 18m x 6.25mm cable lifeline; a cable retracting handle that tensions the line, retracts the cable back into the housing and acts as a pretension indicator; and a housing unit that stores the cable to prevent wear and tear from improper storage. The new system also provides shock absorption and is serviceable.
The EZ-Line™ Retractable Horizontal Lifeline System is compatible with most horizontal lifeline stanchions on the market, and is compatible with any DBI-SALA and PROTECTA anchorage connector or stanchion. The temporary system was designed to comply with international safety standards, making the product suitable for installation in almost any country.
EZ-Line™ Retractable Horizontal Lifeline System Features:
- Retractable lifeline is simply pulled out for installation and retracted with built-in winch for dismantling.
- Customise your system length in any increment up to 18 metres for complete job site flexibility.
- Entire system stores in an easy to carry case - no more coils of unmanageable cable.
- Installation, removal and storage is the fastest in the industry, taking only seconds for ultimate worker productivity.
- Built-in tension and impact indicators takes the guess-work out of system set-up and service.
- Extremely lightweight system is 33% lighter than conventional 18 metre systems for added ease-of-use.
- Attaches to any 22kN rated anchorage connector or stanchion for added versatility.
- Provides hands-free horizontal mobility and continuous protection for 2 users per span, up to 6 users per system.
- Meets or exceeds all applicable industry standards
For more information regarding DBI-SALA’s NEW EZ-Line™ Retractable Horizontal Lifeline System call us on 1800 245 002 (AUS), 0800 212 505 (NZ) or visit www.capitalsafety.com.
DBI-SALA is a brand of Capital Safety, the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of height safety, confined space and industrial rescue equipment.Please CLICK HERE for more information on the new DBI-SALA Retractable Horizontal Lifeline System