- APVMA Code :32069
- Active Constituent(s):
- 330g/kgphosphine (present as aluminium phosphide)
330 g/kg PHOSPHINE (PH3) present as ALUMINIUM PHOSPHIDE, for control of insect pests of stored products in certain situations.
Fumitoxin releases phosphine gas when exposed to air. Phosphine penetrates throughout the commodity to kill eggs, larvae, pupae and adult stages of storage pests in sealed enclosures, but some eggs, pupae and adults will survive in unsealed enclosures. (See Note 1 above).
Protect by sealing or otherwise, sensitive electrical and electronic equipment (computers, meters, switches, fire alarm systems, etc.) containing copper/copper alloy components, photographic film or copy paper. Phosphine corrodes copper based materials.
- Fumigation of Commodities in Silos and Bulk Storages:
- Place the tablets in a single layer and separated from the commodity eg:- on non-flammable trays/sheets which are evenly spread on the commodity surface inside the storage.
- Fumigation of Commodities under Gas Proof Sheeting:
- Place tablets spaced from each other on nonflammable sheets/trays evenly distributed between and/or alongside stacked commodities in a manner that allows free circulation of gas. Ensure that the sheeting is sealed in a gas-tight manner after application.
- Fumigation of empty storages/enclosures:
- Place tablets spaced from each other on nonflammable sheets/trays evenly spread in the enclosure; with application starting at the furthest point from the exit door. Ensure the enclosure is made gas-tight. Lock and seal exit door after application.
- FLAMMABLE: Keep away from naked flame.
- Show the following warning sign prominently at all approaches to every fumigation site. "DANGER - POISON GAS - KEEP AWAY"
- Keep animals, children and unauthorised persons away from the area under treatment until the area is shown to be free from phosphine as indicated by a gas measuring device.
Containers must be opened in the open air. Whilst opening containers take care and point containers away from the face and body, as under certain conditions possible build-up of gas may result in flash flame upon exposure to air.
Application rates higher than label directions and contrary to label instruction could cause the gas concentrations to reach the lower flammability level which is 1.79% by volume (17,900 parts per million). When used according to the label directions, the amount of gas produced remains far below the lower flammability level.
After application, wait until the Exposure Period has passed, then thoroughly ventilate for the required Ventilation Period and to the required Standard.
Reentry to fumigation areas is not recommended until measuring device(s) indicate that they are free of phosphine. The use of gas detection tubes or other measuring devices is recommended for monitoring gas levels in fumigation areas as phosphine gas may still be present even after treated commodities have been removed and fumigation areas ventilated.
DO NOT re-enter a storage after application has commenced or once treated grain/commodity has been emptied without wearing a full face respirator with particulate (P1) and phosphine gas filter cartridge (canister) or self-contained breathing apparatus, until a measuring device indicates that it is free of phosphine or the Total fumigation period (minimum exposure period plus ventilation period) has elapsed.
To Know More about Fumitoxin Please click here