This range of Fiber Optic Incremental Encoders features an innovative designbased on a non-electrical, all-optical passive sensor linked to a remote interrogator module via a industry-standard fiber optic link.
Fiber optic encoders provide interference-free feedback in challenging environments such as mines, steel mills and oil rigs. A typical application where the fiber optic encoder can used is to provide noise-free, closed loop feedback for precise control of a VFD or High Voltage Drive system.
Micronor MR310/MR320 Fiber Optic Incremental Encoders Features include:
- Passive optical sensor eliminates need for remote power supply, isolation barriers and EX cabinets
- Immune to EMI, RFI, lightning, high voltages, and ground loops
- Standard temperature range -40°C to +80°C; Optional Extended temperature option -60°C to +150°C
- Sensors are Ex classified "simple mechanical device" and can be installed in all manner of hazardous locations and explosive environments - mines, gas and dust
- Controller provides "inherently safe, optical radiation"
- Can be Installed in non-hazardous location up to 2500 meters away
- ATEX approved for EPL Mb/Gb/Gc/Db/Dc applications
- Provides interference-free encoder feedback over long distances
- Outperforms resolvers and electronics-based encoders in challenging environments
For more information or a qoute on Micronor Passive Fiber Optic Incremental Encoders ATEX please call or use the IndustrySearch email for a direct reply.