HydroSTON is a true ‘environmental paver’ as it treats stormwater by removing heavy metals and hydrocarbons.
HydroSTON has a drainage rate of at least 270 mm per minute. Infiltration rate of pavement system depends on infiltration rate of each component. Component with lowest rate determines overall infiltration rate.
Construction of permeable concrete pavements is similar to that of concrete segmental pavements. However, the aim with permeable pavements is to allow water to infiltrate the pavement structure, while simultaneously ensuring structural stability in terms of road bearing capacity.
Features of Permeable Pavement - HydroSTON:
- Harvests and filters stormwater runoff on site
- Reduces untreated stormwater runoff
- Provides alternatives to above ground water storage
- Takes pressure off existing stormwater systems
- Increases available air and water to trees and landscaped areas
- Improves urban micro-climates
- Replenishes groundwater and aquifers