The Pacific Data Systems Pipeline Integrity Testing System has been developed for coal seam gas pipeline leak testing. The system uses a series of temperature probes to identify fluctuations in temperature along the length of pipeline which could indicate a possible leak.
The Pipeline Integrity Testing System is comprised of temperature probes and a data logging unit. One probe is placed in the soil surrounding the gas pipeline and the other is inserted into conduit abutting the pipeline. Both temperature probes are wired to the data logging unit and the testing process is typically run for a 24 hour period to log any variations in temperature. These fluctuations can be an indication of a leak in the gas pipeline.
- Battery-powered (optional solar-power backup for longer sampling requirements)
- Portable, rugged, weather-proof enclosure
- Data logger with up to 128 MB internal storage
- Data transfer via USB Flash drive or Ethernet connection to PC/Laptop
- Optional 3G / satellite communications