SE40 is the world's first positive-pressure demand PAPR approved as a NIOSH CBRN PAPR.
Also approved according to European Standard.
Features and Benefits of the SE40-CBRN Fan Unit:
- All the air you need - The SE40 gives you true positive pressure air up to 400 litres per minute. Conventional fan-assisted respirators give you a mere 120-180 l/min.
- Dynamic operation - The SE40 is a demand respirator - not a continuous-flow respirator. The SE40 constantly monitors the air pressure inside the mask and regulates the fan motor to deliver the required air flow depending on your breathing. A visual and audible alarm lets you know instantly if the pressure inside the mask dips to negative.
- Big savings on filters - The SE40 is not a continuous-flow respirator. Air passes through the filters only as you need it. That's why the SE40 uses 50% less filters on average, compared to other fan-driven respirators.
- Know what's happening - With the SE40, you will always know that you are getting the protection you need. Visual and audible alarms alert you to any routine task (such as changing the battery), as well as other events that may require your attention.
- Communication - Voice transmission is loud and clear. SE40 comes with a microphone in the mask and a powerful external loudspeaker. You can even use it with a 2-way radio.
Single button operation - Put it on. Breathe. It couldn't be easier.
- Wear it the way you want - The SE40 can be worn on a backpack or standard belt. Fit the hose over your shoulder or around your side.
- Hi-tech operation -
- Micro-processor driven fan operation
- Continuous self-diagnostics
- Instant user alerts in case of pressure-drop, motor malfunction, low batteries etc.
- Can be programmed to alert user when filters need changing
- Usage information: entire usage history of the respirator is recorded and time-stamped. Can be downloaded to PC for documentation and further analysis