State's Self Centering Lathe Chucks features:
- All chucks are available with CI body, SG body, or Steel body
- 3 jaw, 4 jaw, 6 jaw types
- A minimum of three jaw teeth should be engaged on the scroll at any jaw position.
- RPM of the chuck affects the grip force exerted on the job.
- Grip faces of the jaws must be properly designed and accurately made for the application.
- Gripping force also depends upon the size, shape and finish of the particular job.
- Correct lubrication of the chuck is needed for good grip
- Run out accuracy does not exceed 40 microns (0.001") at any position on the scroll up to and including 315mm dia chuck.
- Chucks are manufactured with hardened and ground finish on the chuck body and case hardened steel for jaws, pinion and scroll
- Use of correct materials and accuracy of manufacture of components ensure long wear life
STATE Independent Chucks and Power chucks are also available
For more information on STATE Lathe Chucks please contact us.