Features of SC Series Short Caps:
- Vinyl short caps are the most economic choice for masking products during most liquid painting and plating processes.
- The flexible vinyl stretches to form a tight seal over threads, beaded tubes, and odd shapes.
- Vinyl short caps also possess excellent chemical resistance to withstand most washing processes.
- Flexible short caps can be applied quickly and easily.
- No matter what the application, they fit snugly without cracking or splitting.
- Choose from thousands of sizes in your choice of colours.
- Unique dip molding process allows hundreds of design possibilities by varying wall thickness, hardness, inside length and surface texture.
Thread protectors, masks (for painting, plating, powder coating, shot blasting), insulators, decorators, seals, colour coding, nut covers.
Because short caps are soft and flexible, we suggest an undersized diameter for a tight fit. For example, if your outside diameter is 12.70mm, use a 11.10mm short cap.
'C' is measured 6.4 mm from the open end. Wall tolerance is ± 0.25mm
Our stock material is Black PVC with a glossy finish. Service temp. –30° to +60°C. Other colours to special order and M.O.Q. Stock caps also available in high temp. resistant material –18° to +230°C. A UV stabiliser can be added for caps exposed to UV. A min. order quantity would apply.