Our range of cellulose powders, pellets and fibres include:
- Technocel™: These fibres produce a self-supporting natural skeleton in 3 dimensions which improves the processing properties of the final product. Technocel has uses in the road construction, building chemicals, and hydroseeding industries and are temperature resistant up to 2000C. Grades range from 25um to 2500um fibres
- Technocel 1004-G™: The Technocel 1004 range is a further advancement of the well proven Technocel fibre. It performs better regarding; homogeneous distribution in mixer, no lumps formation in asphalt mix, smaller packing volume means better handling
- Technocel PET™: An insoluble powder cellulose available in different particle sizes from 25 - 2500um, designed specifically for pet-food applications. Its properties include; odourless and tasteless, high cellulose content >92%, high water binding capacity, 3-D fibre network, inert to other substances
- Topcel™: A pelleted fibre, developed specifically for road construction applications. The mixing process causes the Technocel fibres to detach from the pellet and distribute evenly throughout the mix. The pellet form improves the dosing and flow properties of the Technocel. Topcel is added without bitumen binder in its pure additive form
- Genicel™: A newly developed pelletised, 2 - component product, consisting of a synthetic bitumen additive and the Technocel fibre. The bitumen additive dissolves quickly and homogeneously in the mix and improves the bitumen characteristics in many ways, including improved stability
- Diacel™: Diacel has been designed especially for solid - liquid filtration. Being organic and renewable, this product is quite different from other filter aids. Particle sizes range from 75 – 2500um. Diacel offers the following advantages in filtration; extended filter life, easy disposal being organic, inert, practically no abrasion, drainage effect of the fibres
- Samsung Fine Chemicals (SFC) Cellulose Products: The key range of SFC products supplied by Filchem is the Mecellose® range. This is an environmentally friendly, cellulose based product obtained from wood or cotton. The water insoluble natural cellulose polymer is converted into their water soluble Mecellose® through Etherification
Predominant uses of Mecellose® are:
- Thickening agents
- Moisture retention agents
Applications for Mecellose® include:
- Cement and Ceramic Extrusion
- Personal care
Mecellose® is growing in popularity across this diverse range of industries in large part because of its flexibility and ease of use. The chemical and physical properties such as water solubility, pH stable, enzyme resistance, thickening qualities, and many more, will give your end-product consistent and reproducible results.
With approximately 35 different grades of Mecellose®, supplied in surface treated powder, standard powder, or surface treated granular forms, there is certainly a grade of Mecellose® that will suit your application.
Mecellose® comes supplied in either a 20kg 3-ply Kraft laminated bag with a PE inner liner, or in 300kg bulk bags.