They are also much safer because of their flight pattern.
The combination of lower boom and telescopic upper boom allows an operator better access through the branch structure and or power lines.
Torsion bars fitted to the vehicle mean that outriggers are not required to stabilise the working platform on slopes up to five degrees – thus increasing the ability to operate without disrupting vehicle flow or needing additional traffic control measures.
Its compliance with AS/NZS 1418.10:2011 to 66kV means safety for operators close to high and low voltage powerlines. Its “wet” rating ability enables it to be deployed in rainy weather or storm emergencies.
VST40-I (Rear mount)
- Working Height 13.7m
- Height to bottom of bucket 12.2m
- Horizontal Outreach 9.14m
- Max bucket capacity 272 kg
- Side mounted telescopic upper boom for low stowed platform
- Extremely low maintenance with non-lube bearings used at all points of motion
- Minimal road overhang
- Ability to telescope out from lower boom at rest giving a superior flight path, enabling reach under low obstacles
- 90° lower boom articulation means the EWP can work safer and more effectively close to conductors
- Low weight and compact design allows better access in urban areas
- Bucket rotation through 180° for ease of positioning
- Bucket capacities to 272 kg
- Optional material handler capacity to 360 kg
- Patented ELECTROGARD (protection for operator and allows full retraction whilst maintaining insulation rating)
- Radio remote control is available
The minimum vehicle GVM required for mounting the VST40-I in the rear mount position is 12,000kg.
For further details please phone 1300 654 591