EtherNID™ and MetroNID™ demarcation units define the boundaries of your network, enabling end-to-end service provisioning and assurance with carrier-grade performance.
The EtherNID and MetroNID units are built on the patent-pending Fast-Thru™ architecture, a unique hardware-based design that provides advanced performance testing and service creation capabilities in a compact, cost efficient, carrier-grade-in-line element.
Unlike store-and-forward architectures, Fast-Thru's proprietary silicon design provides wire-speed pass-through performance without adding jitter or delay, while at the same time providing micro-second measurement resolution and real-time processing for every packet flowing through the unit.
Withtransparent fall-over, NEBS Level 3 certification, no fans or moving parts, and 3-way redundant power, EtherNID and MetroNID units are truly carrier-grade. A variety of mounting options mean flexible installation at customer premises, cell sites, central offices and aggregation nodes.
Designed to demarc the edge of your network, EtherNIDs offer advanced Packet Performance Assurance™ and service creation directly from customer premises and cell-sites. With a full range of Ethernet rates and interfaces, the comprehensive EtherNID family fits your network from end-to-end.
High-performance MetroNID units provide carrier-grade demarcation within metro and access networks. Designed for cellular hubs, aggregation nodes, and carrier hand-offs, MetroNIDs segment, monitor and bridge diverse networks, delivering pervasive OAM and performance monitoring visibility.
- Constant in-service monitoring of SLA
- Per-flow Statistics
- Wirespeed Traffic Generator & Analyzer
- Loopback testing
- Setting a clear Demarcation Point between the Customers' and the Carriers' Ethernet Network (latency & jitter free)
- SLA management
- Implementing Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM) for Ethernet Services
- Network Interface: 10/100/1000 BaseTX
- Client Interface: 10/100/1000 BaseTX
- Performance Assurance Agent
- One way performance validation with 1 µs resolution
- Inline transparent performance
- In-Service Loop Back Layer 1 to 4
- Real-time statistics on live traffic at Layer 1 to 4(per VLAN,Ether type,ToS,CoS,MAC,IP, etc.)
- Responds to FST-2802 loop-back codes