Factory Management System (FMS)
The purpose of Factory Management System (FMS) has many parts to it. However, each truss plant can use the system in any way that suits their requirements. But the following is recommended based on the functions of the system: -
Function 1: The ability for a truss plant to operate without any paperwork
- Almost all factory paperwork can be removed when using FMS, each station shows both text details and a graphic display of the work required to be produced (just as the paperwork does now)
- Eliminates the chance of cutting and manufacturing sheets being lost or misplaced (therefore all trusses should be produced - none missed)
Function 2: The ability to control truss plant productivity and workflow
- Set and determine truss plant production scheduling
- Set the order of production - job by job
- Allocate production to stations
- Define the order/priority of production - item by item
- Monitor factory performance
- Production completed is displayed instantly to the controller
- Problems notified instantly from each station to the controller
- Downtime identified as it happens
- Review and update factory and truss costings
- View and print actual production times
- Compares actual times against quoted times and costs
- View and Print statistical data fopr a range of sorted information
Function 3: The information provided to Factory Workers
- Factory workers have complete access to all data and details for the job at each station, available in both text and graphic formats. This is much more than what is currently available via a paper system.
- For example the Detailer can update the manufacturing details on the detailing program with notes and or detailed drawings and this information is then displayed at the individual work station (no seperate papers for the factory - plus the details are stored as part of the job in the system).
- The controller can also 'Automatically' allocate work and sort the priorities of the work for each station based on truss type, spans and heights. This will save time for the controller when allocating jobs to the jigs.